Friday 15 March 2013

Phrankly. Phorked...

One quiet morning in the pharmacy, an older woman on her way to work - above the age of 60 at a glance - came in and asked, "Do you have magnifying glasses?"

To which I replied, "Ah, I'm not sure. I'll have to check. Possibly with a lice checking kit?"

"No, you should have a stand of them," as she used her thumb and index finger on each hand to make a circle, then gestured up to her eyes as if she was putting on glasses.

"Oh!" I said with realisation, "You mean reading glasses! Just over here," as I led her to the stand displaying the reading glasses.

"No," She replied bluntly, "Those are metal. I'm allergic to metal."

And she walked angrily out the front door without saying a word. I really hope she uses a plastic fork...

No comments:

Post a Comment